LPG Week Post-event Communique December 2021
LPG Week Post-event Communique
LPG Week was a hugely successful hybrid event organised by the World LPG Association (WLPGA) that took place from 5th-9th December under the theme Energising Tomorrow with the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum. This marked the first hybrid LPG Week and those who were able to travel to Dubai had a new, and indeed, ‘energised’ opportunity to connect, to network face-to-face, learn and do business. A week where around 2,000 participants came together from 92 countries.
Key Conclusions for the Industry
With an impressive breadth of content and discussion from over 80 high-quality speakers, what were the top messages for our industry? What is the outlook for the sector, what critical positive messages, arguments and comments came to the fore?
- LPG not only a transition fuel, but set to be part of the destination. According to H.E. Prof Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, LPG is a fuel of the future, there is an optimistic future and we will grow in a robust manner’.
- Renewable LPG can meet at least 50% of non-chemical demand by 2050. LPG is also an ideal fuel to support the journey to renewables. There have been exciting innovations in technology and swift movement in renewable LPG and renewable DME, demonstrating how quickly the LPG sector can move forward with the right fuel and the right partners.
- There are many roads to 2050. As the world moves towards net zero in 2050. Each country will have a different transition path, all technologies are needed, and LPG and renewable LPG have a key role to play.
- LPG proved to be an essential energy during COVID-19. Robust supply chains ensured demand was met across all sectors, demonstrating the resilience of LPG and the opportunities. According to David Appleton, VP LPG, Argus Media.
- This is going to be a decade of action and need access to clean cooking fuel. We need both the molecules as well as the electrons, which means that gases, as well as electricity, will play in important role in the way our future will unfold in the energy sector. According to Ms Gauri Singh, Deputy Director General IRENA.
- There is an urgent need to humanise energy. We must humanise the energy transition, put consumers at the heart of the transition, engage with communities, and develop demand. That the objective needs to be telling and listening, rather than selling.
The next LPG Week will take place in New Delhi, India from 5th-9th December 2022.
About the WLPGA
The World LPG Association (WLPGA) is the authoritative voice for the global LPG industry representing the full LPG value chain. The primary goal of the association is to add value to the sector by driving premium demand for LPG, while also promoting compliance to good business and safety practice. With over 300 members in 125 countries, the association brings together private and public companies involved in one, several or all activities of the industry, develops long-term partnerships with international organisations, and implements projects on local and global scales. The Association was established in 1987 and granted Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council in 1989.
Contact James Rockall (firstname.lastname@example.org)