e-LPG Week – Top Takeaways
e-LPG Week was a hugely successful virtual event organised by the World LPG Association (WLPGA) that took place 2nd – 6th November 2020. Themed ‘Bringing Energy to Life’, e-LPG Week brought together over 1,500 participants from the entire value chain of the LPG industry and provided the LPG industry an opportunity to connect, learn and do business through interactive sessions and events, online networking, and a unique virtual showcase of LPG companies.
Key Conclusions for the Industry
With an impressive breadth of content and discussion from over 120 high-quality speakers, it is a challenge to distil the top messages for our industry, but certain messages, arguments and comments kept coming to the fore:
• Response to COVID-19: During the COVID-19 pandemic, LPG has been proven to be a resilient, essential, rapid-response fuel with a long-term role. The pandemic has pushed the energy transition into a more immediate light, and LPG has proven itself to be a necessary fuel that can play a positive role in supporting industry and communities.
• Advocate and Communicate: We must communicate and advocate with common, positive global messages across the board. There is no one energy solution and electrification of everything is not the answer. LPG has a long-term role to play in a just energy transition as an exceptional energy that offers acceptability, affordability and accessibility.
• Collaboration: Collaboration between industry and government remains critical to ensure correct policies are put in place to enable the growth of the industry.
• People at the centre of what we want to achieve: A clear focus on people and communities and the importance of nurturing motivated teams. Also, key is diversity and inclusion; the inclusion of women to give balance to the industry, and young talent to secure a bright future for the LPG community. Innovation within the LPG industry are key to attracting and retaining youthful or cross-sector talent into the industry. Within this of course comes safety and the promoting of good business and safety practices.
• Get Digital and Modernise: We must continue to connect the industry, modernise our image, and embrace the digital world. With new technologies and advancements such as renewable LPG, the industry is well poised to advance.
e-LPG Week is Still Live
The event platform will be open until 31st January 2021, so for delegates who participated in e-LPG Week they are able to catch any sessions they may have missed, and if you did not register, registration is still open for anyone who wishes to access the content, again until 31st January 2021. For details on registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.