LPG is an exceptional energy source because of where it comes from, its benefits, applications and its industry. LPG is a clean, lower carbon, efficient and innovative energy source.

WLPGA has created the global ‘LPG Exceptional Energy’ brand to raise awareness of the exceptional features of LPG among policymakers, consumers and industry stakeholders worldwide.

An increased understanding of the environmental benefits, versatile applications and the immediate global availability of LPG will encourage conscious and responsible decisions on the type of energy sources used. The brand also aims to promote the use of common and consistent messages across the industry globally.

To find out more about the Exceptional Energy brand, please contact Alison.


LPG is a derivative of two large energy industries: the extraction of natural gas liquids and the refining of crude oil. A substantial proportion of natural gas wells also produce propane and butane. These occur naturally and come up to the surface with the natural gas (methane). This origin accounts for about 60% of global LPG volumes. The remaining 40% of LPG is refined from oil.


There are more than 1,000 applications of LPG. Hundreds of millions of people currently use LPG and depend on it for thousands of applications, in commercial business, industry, transportation, farming, power generation, cooking, heating and for recreational purposes.

Only LPG can serve such a wide variety of uses such as cooking fuel for a family in South Africa and a community kitchen in India, refrigeration for a shop owner in Brazil, Autogas for taxis in Tokyo, welding for car manufacturers in Germany, heat for the family home in Canada, flame weeding for a rancher in Texas, heat to provide lift for the first solo non-stop around the world balloon expedition and even powering the Olympic torch.

Exceptional Benefits






Exceptional Industry

Diversified and competitive

Devoted to the highest safety standards

Well organised and recognised by industry bodies

Committed to meeting the world’s energy challenges

Equipped to immediately contribute to a sustainable energy mix

Dedicated to creating viable and sustainable markets for LPG in rural communities to improve people’s lives